Thursday, June 7, 2012

I'm "FREE!"

I don't have any problems growing older, but I will admit that birthdays just aren't as fun as they used to be. . .  unless you're three.  :)  Wow, was this girl excited.  I'm not even sure how many times during the week I heard:  "It almost my BURP-bay!"  (Love how she says "birthday!")  After Daddy made birthday French toast, we headed down to a local amusement park for the day.  Thanks to R's work, we have season passes and I'm so grateful that the girls are riders--Daddy and I get to have some fun too!  


This is the only ride when my camera's not in a cubby


LOVE this picture.  Pure JOY!

Later that night, it was cake and ice cream and presents.  In the past, I've stayed up WAY too late decorating a cake that I'm really not very good at and getting way too upset because my perfectionism won't let the MANY imperfections go.  Sigh.  This year, Stinkus wanted a Day-Day cake.  Day-Day is the lovey she's had since she was TINY--a bear head attached to a little pink blanket.  I had great plans for a Day-Day cake. . .  of course, it didn't turn out quite how I pictured.  But I free-handed a bear head on a 9X13 pink frosted cake and called it good.  The good news:  it's a total original.  NO ONE has ever had a cake like this.  The better news:  She was thrilled.  :)


It was such a great day.  Sometimes I think God gives us children so we can go back and re-live all the wonderful moments we took for granted as kids.  I'm sure she'll never remember turning three but she gave US lots of memories.  Like when we were driving home and it's that peaceful calm before everyone (well except the driver) falls asleep.  Totally out of the blue, "Heyyyy, I not two any mo!"  And when I carried her to bed and she said, "Tank you for my burp-bay," while hugging my neck.  "You da best mommy in da world."  Hmmm. . . that's funny because somehow, I got the best Stinkus.  Happy birthday, Lovey!!!








1 comment:

  1. Super cute! LOVE the pics with her reactions. Better watch out on those tea cups, though, sometimes the operators will yell at you if you have your camera out...not that I would know that from experience. ;)

    ReplyDelete