Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Dear Daddy

Despite my best efforts to sort through school papers and divide them into a) a keep pile, b) a "Send to Grandma" pile, and c) a trash (shhhh) pile, I still have way too many papers for just one year of kindergarten and three months of preschool.  Some of my most treasured are the "fill in the blank" sheets.  I love to have a record of things they thought and said, and I KNOW that I will love looking at them years from now.  Things like:

From Sassy:
Having 100 baby sisters could really be a problem.
She (yours truly) likes to watch  Wheel of Fortune.

From Stinkus:
If I were President, I would play outside.  (Her good buddy C completed his with "play with Stinkus."  Awww. . . .)
I would wish for:  my teeth.  (???)

Anyway, I was feeling bad that Father's Day fell during the summer (no Father's Day projects from school) so I decided to do my own little fill-in-the-blank letters for R.  I asked the girls questions separately and it was pretty sweet to see what they said.  Here are some of my favorite answers:

1.  What does Daddy do while you're at school?
Sassy:  Work on people's feet (Correct)
Stinkus:  Work at dog store (Not correct)

2.  What is Daddy's #1 rule?
Sassy: Take care of our stuff
Stinkus:  Get off my chair (She likes to hang on the arms and it drives him crazy!)

3.  I love my daddy because:
Sassy: He gives piggybacks.
Stinkus:  He da best daddy in me whole world.

4.  What makes your daddy laugh?
Sassy:  Funny jokes
Stinkus: Me when I do dis (Puts index fingers in corners of her mouth and sticks out her tongue)

5.  What food does Dad make best?
Both: Waffles

6.  Daddy always makes me:
Both: Happy

Funny how something so simple can make a daddy so happy too!  

2 comments: