Sunday, August 18, 2013

Kissin Cousins

The girls talk a lot about moving out someday.  I don't remember doing this as a kid.  I hope I haven't talked too much about it.  Not like I'm counting down or anything. . . 14 years and a few weeks.  :)  Just kidding!  Of course, Keke is living with her 100 kids here "uh-cuz I could nebber weave you!" We'll see what her husband thinks of that!  Just the other day Sassy commented that she hopes she marries someone with lots of brothers and sisters.  Because--insert sad, pouty voice here--if she marries an only child, her kids will only have one auntie. . .   :(  And my heart broke just a little bit.

I have some guilt about my little family.  I'm sure part of it is my own upbringing.  My parents blessed my kids with a ton of aunties and uncles!  Some is my faith--I'm not a good Catholic if my brood is small... Some is peer pressure.  Every time I see a mom with 2+ kids announcing on Facebook that another is on its way, I feel a little bad.  And it's not that I want more kiddos.  I love our little family and life is SO fun and easy right now.  But I feel like I SHOULD want more kiddos.  Is there something wrong with me if two is enough?  Am I a bad mom if some days two feels like too many?!  How do these moms juggle it all?  Then there are comments like Sassy's.  She's right.  If she marries an only child, her kids will never know what she and Keke know.  And then what if Keke doesn't have kids?  Her kids will never know cousins. :(

And then I remember that R has one sister, and the girls have the best of both worlds.  They have quiet, all-fit-around-one-table Thanksgiving dinners on one side and crazy, good-luck-finding-a-seat on the other.  And it's awesome.  We're so blessed by the family in our lives.

A few pics of family fun from this spring.  (Summer pics to come soon!)



We were thrilled when Aunt Meg, Uncle Chewy and girls came for a weekend!  We took the girls to the circus while the daddies went fishing, and then we hit the school carnival that night.  And somehow I don't think I got a picture of Baby E!  Who isn't a baby anymore. . .she'll be a big sister in January!  Another J cousin!!!   

The very next weekend, Aunt Moni and her boyfriend came.  Yay--more visitors!  We went to the zoo and it was a gorgeous day.  Perfect weather!  "Uncle Turden" will be official next summer when they say "I do" in August.  We're so excited and happy for them!



And then a few weeks later, we got to see the B side of the family for Baby S's baptism.  R and I were honored to be his godparents and the girls got in lots of Baby S time.



It doesn't matter if there's one cousin or one dozen. There's always plenty of love and fun. And I know that whatever families the girls have someday or marry into, as always, it will be just right. Unless Keke truly decides to stay in my house with her 100 kids. Then we might have to talk!

1 comment:

  1. I think a wise (maybe just because she is older) sister once told me that however you do it (life, kids, etc.) will be the best way and only way you can imagine doing it. I know you stated it better. :)

    ReplyDelete