Monday, September 2, 2013

Camping Fun

Every summer I get irritated that our weekends fill up. But then I look back and remember that amid all the crazy, we have a lot of fun. This summer we were able to camp six times! And yes, it rained almost every single time...go figure...

We spent the July 4th weekend at a campsite near Uncle S and Aunt B's new house. Grandma and Pop brought their camper down and met us. We had a great time! There was a pool, Grandma made snow cones, we watched the world's longest fireworks show, and of course, we hit the river.







We got to spend another weekend at my aunt and uncle's lake house. Air conditioning, beds, toilets, showers, kitchen....my kind of camping. ;) It's always fun to see my cousin's family and spend some time at the lake. 



At the end of July, we met up with my side of the family for the annual cousins' birthday bash. We stayed in the cutest cabins on a lake (again, my kind of camping!), every family was in charge of one meal, and we had a blast. Plus the kids had Christmas in July (complete with a Grandma-stuffed pinata!) so they were pretty happy.  I hope this is a tradition we can continue--so much fun!






We got to camp three times with some great friends who have daughters just a month apart from our girls. We have a favorite campsite where we've become regulars. :) Most of the time we just chill on a rock bar for the day but this past weekend we went floating.  Our girls always play so well together and we've had a lot of fun through the years.






It was like having six mini vacations throughout the summer. I love that our family and friends love the great outdoors like we do. I love the memories we're making for the girls. I love that we live in a place that has such beautiful scenery. And if I can't be on the beach, the river or lake is definitely a close second. 

1 comment:

  1. They both look so sexy standing in the river. Would love to see them naked

    ReplyDelete