Saturday, October 29, 2011

Lost in Translation

My dad told me years ago to write down the funny words Sassy said because I would forget. NAH! How could I ever forget?! Well, once again, Dad was right and a few years later, I have forgotten not only what she used to sound like, but also the "words" she used. It makes me sad, and then I realize that someday I'm going to forget what the girls are like right NOW. They keep growing up on me. :) So I decided to come up with some words they've used/are using. My apologies to Sassy--I can't remember as much for you! I guess it helps even out the playing field a bit--there are definite other perks to being the firstborn. :)

Sassy-isms:
Wipe-kin=Napkin
GG, JD, Piggy=the progressive names of Sassy's lovey, a John Deere pig
Rock Chalk=sidewalk chalk (my apologies to my Wildcat family, she seriously came up with this herself)
Farties=candy that the rest of us know as Smarties. (My sisters would make her say this and then just ROLL laughing.)
Legpits=the backside of her knees

Stinkus-isms:
Day-Day=Stinkus's lovey, a bear head attached to a blanket
Gug-gug=Drink (we think she was making the gulp sound. It has now become Gink.)
Hemi, hemi!=Hold me, hold me! (I'm going to miss this one a LOT someday. . . )
Sa, Sa-sa, Sassy=the progressive names of Big Sis
Pood, pinger, power, pone=Food, finger, flower, phone (Having some trouble with Fs)
Do Do=Dora
Pocus Pocus!=this is the answer she gives if you ask for the magic word. But to her credit, she uses Pwwwease a lot. :)
What is dat? Dat poop?=If there is a leaf on the ground, marker on her hands, a crayon on the floor, this is the standard response. You'd think the girl had some traumatic experience with poop.
Ginky and pi-whoa=Blankie and pillow. Gotta have both plus a dog named Bo-bo and the above mentioned Day-Day to sleep.

I know there are LOTS more that I've forgotten. But I wanted to get these down because on any given day, Stinkus could wake up and ask to watch "Dora" or say, "Hold me." Or worst--stop asking to be held. . . While I'm thrilled to say that Sassy still uses Piggy and "rock chalk," those days are numbered too. I have to remind myself not to wish for them to stop growing up. I would be devastated if something happened and they didn't get to. But it would be pretty great if I could wave my arms, say "Pocus, pocus" and make time slow down just a bit.

1 comment:

  1. Some of those cute little sayings are ones we hear right now too...wipe-kin, the p for f words...love them & love your blog!

    ReplyDelete