Sunday, August 28, 2011

Ups and Downs

Yesterday we took the girls to a local amusement park. What a great day. I really wasn't expecting it to be much fun because I thought we would "suffer" through the kiddie rides then have to take turns to ride some "real" stuff. I was pleasantly surprised that both girls could ride almost everything--and they DID! At 5 and 2, the girls rode a coaster that I rode somewhere around fourth grade. . . and I remember being terrified! :) They did great. Sa, our normally apprehensive, nervous one (wonder where she gets that. . . ) didn't once question what a ride would do, or if it was scary, or how big it was. They just giggled and laughed at everything. I can't wait to go back. Who knew what we were missing.

Not to say the day was without glitches. Throughout the day, I:

made Ryan turn around not once, but twice as we tried to get out the door on time. I forgot my coffee (didn't want a headache) and then forgot to turn off the machine that made my coffee.

used a Walmart bag to catch the product of a carsick Sa. . . Thankfully she was better after we got off the curvy, hilly highway. And the rides didn't cause further destruction!

realized that after ten minutes of being at the park and hearing "I'm thirsty" twice, I had left our drinks and snacks in the car.

made three sandwiches for one child at our lunchtime picnic because two ended up on the ground. Apparently Stinkus isn't good at plate balancing yet.

realized that putting children (specifically ones named Stinkus) on a leash for future visits really isn't a bad idea after all.

rescued an open Dora umbrella from the clutches of Stinkus and a wagon wheel. I don't even know that I can explain. . .

helped stop a bloody nose on the way home--Poor Sa inherited this from her daddy. And poor Murano. Seriously, the car saw its fair share of bodily fluids this weekend.

Overall, though, it was a great day. And a reminder that life is typically like a roller coaster. Lots of ups, lots of downs, moments when we're scared, moments when we're laughing. Even when it hands you a bag of puke, life's pretty darn good.



1 comment:

  1. Oh, just ask Aunt Mya about Spinning Dragons...no bueno.

    ReplyDelete