Monday, July 15, 2013

Party Animals

So a week before Keke turned four, she started talking about all of her friends coming to her party. Oops. Party? Weren't quite planning on a party. Dang youngest. This is what happens when you see an older sister have parties...So I scrambled and invited a few close friends to the park for pizza and cake. And honestly, it was a lot more fun to catch up with moms I love than trying to entertain a bunch of parents I don't know. :)

My best cake yet. Mainly because there were no tears, ripped bags,
or thrown kitchen gear







Daddy made me a bug box!


New bike!

Sassy decided that she wanted an art party at a local pottery studio. So we sent out homemade invitations:


And we made rainbow cupcakes. Ours weren't as bright (liquid food coloring doesn't work as well) but I found THE frosting recipe using butter extract. Omg. Totally makes the cake!


The seat of honor


Painting the birthday plate
The owner didn't even know about our "theme"
and said she'd never done a plate like this. I love
that she used Sassy's hands.

I think the girls had a blast. I loved sitting and watching them create. And not having to clean up afterwards. :)




It's so much fun to celebrate with them. I think they had great days. I know I did. Ariel looked like Ariel and I found a new frosting recipe in which two of the three ingredients start with "butter." Now that's what I call a party.

No comments:

Post a Comment