Thursday, November 20, 2014

Spring Things

Considering it's almost Thanksgiving, maybe I should catch up on our spring.  Blogger FAIL.  I'm not sure if life's busier, I'm spending too much time catching up on Grey's Anatomy, or what but I seem to have forgotten that I have a blog.  In my defense, we had ONE free weekend all summer (more on that later) so it's been hard to stay caught up.

Our spring was full of family, friends, and fun.  We visited Aunt B and Uncle S for St. Patrick's Day--there's a huge parade in a nearby town and since Grandma A is Irish, it was a fun holiday to spend together.


Then we visited Aunt Moni in Tulsa (Big Daddy and I went to a Casey Donahew concert and she babysat) and had fun at the aquarium.  I love that we can drive two hours either way and see family!



We also did a weekend in St. Louis with the S family.  Daddy isn't a fan of St. Louis (apparently to do so means that you're disloyal to KC) so he reluctantly visited.  We had a beautiful day for the zoo and an interesting hotel experience (right across the street from Comi-Con.)  You haven't quite lived until you're swimming, and action heroes walk through the lobby.  I love St. Louis (AND my beloved KC) and I can't wait to take the girls back.



A huge highlight for Sassy (and her mom) was seeing Hunter Hayes in April.  And not just seeing him, but MEETING him!  I had decided to surprise her (BIG thanks to some of our friends who invited us) so I wrote it on her calendar--which she checks almost daily.  As you can see, we also worked our church's Food PANTY that morning.  HAHA!


It was such a fun night.  As always, seeing something through her eyes was just incredible.  I think I watched her more than I did the stage.  (Sorry, Hunter, your show is great but I had a pretty good one going on in the seat next to me.)  :)





Speaking of shows, both girls had their end of year programs.  Part of Keke's was the Christmas program that they didn't get to do in December because of snow days.  Oh the irony that she played an angel. . .   :)  The programs were bittersweet because each girl left her school in May.  Plus Keke graduated!  It's been weird to not take her to preschool--I miss that place!







After a whole year of preparing, Sassy had her First Communion in May.  I was SO proud of her and we had such a fun weekend with family.  I love that our families enjoy each other--it was great to have everyone here to celebrate with her. 



Big Daddy and I squeezed in a few more red-dirt concerts and then it was time for school to be out.  I have to admit, I almost dreaded summer this year because I knew how full it was going to be.  But now that school is back in session and "real life" is in full swing again, I miss the fun we had.  I'm not sure how Big Daddy did it because at least we girls could nap Monday through Friday!  There was more than one occasion where we got home just in time to repack the suitcase for the next adventure.  But what else are summers for?          

1 comment: