Saturday, June 8, 2013

Our Baby is 4!

We officially have a four year old.  I'm not sure if it's because we're older or the second time goes faster, but #2 is FLYING.  I feel like it took forever for Sassy to get to kindergarten and here we are a year away for Keke.  Crazy.  I can't even begin to explain how much this one both infuriates me and makes my heart swell.  She is such a blessing and I'm so grateful that God has given us this little soul.  She brings laughter, joy, exasperation and gray hair to our house.  To celebrate her day, I've been jotting down some more "Stinkus-isms."

1.  We frequently pull out "Richard, what'd you do?"  (Tommy Boy classic)  The girls hear it frequently (imagine spilled cups of milk, shoes on the wrong feet, etc) and even use it on us. So one day we're talking about vacations and where we want to take the girls someday.  I mention that I want to head to Seattle to see my Aunt Mary Jane and Uncle Richard.  "Richard, what'd you do?!  THAT kind of Richard?"

2.  At some point, Keke has realized that I can't say no to her face.  And she now uses it against me.  "Can you say no to dis face?"  Complete with pouty little lips and eyelash batting.  Holy cow.  We're in trouble.

3.  One morning Keke was having a hard time listening and following directions.  Complete with backtalking.  Finally I asked, "Who is the mama here?"  K: "You."  Me: "And who is the little girl who needs to listen to what Mama says?"  K:  "Sassy."  Once again, it's hard to discipline when you're choking back a laugh.

4.  One of our good friends recently had a baby in their car (Yes, really.  All is well but it was definitely the talk of the town, and apparently our house.)  I didn't realize how much I had talked about it until one day in Walmart, Keke started exclaiming (very loudly) that she was having twip-wets in Walmart.  Yes, twip-wets.  Then she started talking about how she saw them coming out but she pushed them back in.  Again, LOUDLY.  Every time I told her to knock it off, she'd just hold her belly and yell,  "But I having my twipwets in Walmart!"

5.  Sassy has a bit of her mama in her and frequently has crises.  Keke is a little bit like her daddy and doesn't understand said crises.  Let me tell you from experience (and Daddy has learned), there's nothing worse during a crisis than to have someone tell you it's no big deal. Keke hasn't yet discovered this. So in the middle of Sassy meltdown, her words of wisdom? "Who cares?!" Complete with dramatic shrug of shoulders. Let's just say it doesn't comfort Big Sis.

6. One day Keke apologized for her "bloody" fit. Leave it to her to discover a cussword from another country.

7. Keke loves to stall at bedtime. She always needs one more hug, a lovey has fallen behind the bed, she needs tucked back in, she can't reach a book.  One night she yelled for yet another drink. To which I answered no. Long pause then I hear her counting. "One, two... you don't want me to get to free!"



The other night she was going on and on about how beautiful she was. And modest. I told her it was more important to be beautiful on the inside. Then I tapped her chest and asked if she knew what I meant.  "Dat mean I have a heart filled wif my fam-wee and God." Oh lovey. I hope you know how much YOU fill my heart. Happy 4th birthday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment