Thursday, March 22, 2012

Three Years

Our girls are 20 days shy of being exactly three years apart.

In March 2012, this is my baby. Stinkus, just a few months shy of her third birthday.
In March 2009, this was my "baby." Sassy, just a few months shy of her third birthday. (Can you tell they're sisters?)

And in March 2009, this was my soon-to-be baby. Just a few months shy of her BIRTH day. :)

It's crazy to me that when Sassy was Stinkus's age, she was getting ready to be a big sister. My little Stinkus still seems too young to have a baby on the way (She's NOT expecting to be a big sister, in case you're wondering!!!) Maybe it's because she's STILL in diapers (BIG SIGH), or because I want to keep her "little," or because she's just different from her big sister, but I just can't help but see her as my baby. And maybe I always will. On the way to school today, Sassy was reading a book to Stinkus: I'm A Big Sister. The book ends with: "And I'm special in another way because now I'm a big sister," and Sassy turned to Stinkus and said, "And I'm still your big sister!" A little voice answered back, "But I still wittle, Sassy!" Yes, you are, honey. Feel free to stay that way a wittle wonger. Because in another three years, you'll be the one finishing up kindergarten. Can we PLEASE be out of diapers by then?

No comments:

Post a Comment