Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Seven Days

My dad has always said, "Summer is over at 4th of July." Growing up, I hated him saying this. What a party pooper! July 4th is far from the end of summer, dude! Way to spoil all the fun! However, as with many things, the older I get, the more I realize how right Dad is. . . (Added bonus for Dad--here it is in writing that I admit you're right--ha!) Honestly, it doesn't make much sense. I mean, really, July 4th is only the halfway point of our summer. I still have a whole month off before going back to work. But man, something about hitting the birthday of our nation makes the second half FLY. I'm sad that there isn't much time left, which is really selfish of me since there are few parents who get two months off every summer. And I have to remind myself that we pack a lot into those two months--which makes the most of our time together. This next week is no exception. In seven days, we're squeezing in:

a playdate
___? loads of laundry
packing
a Walmart trip for everything we thought we had but realized we don't
a girls-only road trip (while Daddy does a boys-only canoe excursion)
stops at two aunties'
swimming
a zoo trip
a picnic
meeting a brand new nephew!
a splash pad
a memorial car show
another picnic
___(?) loads of more laundry
more packing
two (hopefully FINAL) orthodontist appointments
meeting another auntie to pass off the girls
a 10th wedding anniversary
a flight to FL

Whew. Good thing there's 10,080 minutes in a week. We may need every second. On one hand, I'm a little sad because I know that these next few weeks of fun will fly. But on the other hand, I'm so excited for the memories we're making. I refuse to believe that it's all downhill from July 4th. Instead, we're going out with a BANG!!!

1 comment: